The purpose of the Law, after Christ, can be summarized as follows:
1. To convict the believers of their sin, consequently to REPENTANCE, leading them to run to the cross, and hide safely under Christ’s RIGHTEOUSNESS; this is how a believer secures eternal life.
2. To convict the unbelievers of trespassing, make them FLEE from Christ in arrogance, for they are puffed-up of their OWN righteousness, consequently judged on their OWN merit and condemned for eternal damnation!
The Scared Scripture clearly says that it is IMMPOSSIBLE to keep-up the law, for NONE, not even one is righteous under the Law! And, at the same time, without Law NONE will know sin either!
Romans 7:7 – “I would NOT have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, ‘You shall not covet’.”
In simpler words:
1. When do you repent?
When I’m convicted of my sin, and need a CLOSURE.
2. How do you know that you are sinning?
The LAW tells me that I broke one!
3. Do all people repent?
Maybe, but only the BORN-AGAIN believers have a closure.
4. What happens when you are born-again?
A NEW Spirit is given to me.
5. Do you stop sinning after you are born-again?
NO, I can’t stop sinning because my flesh (which is not regenerated) constantly REBELS against my regenerated Spirit!
6. How do you know you are sinning?
The Law tells me that I broke one, AGAIN and AGAIN!
7. Does that mean you are continuously repenting?
Yes I am, and plead for forgiveness THROUGH Christ, and I get the closure.
8. Repenting, even after you are born-again?
Only after I was born-again I started to repent seriously, BTW!
9. Are you righteous?
10. But you are still sinning, how could you be righteous?
I am sheltering under Christ’s righteousness, therefore I am DEEMED righteous! This is called justification.
11. So technically you are still a sinner?
YES, I am.
12. At the same time you are a saint?
YES; all His ‘predestined elects’ who were ‘called’ are saints.
13. You don’t have to worry about repenting, after all the Law has NO POWER over you, right?
The Law does not have the power to DECREE me to death, because Christ’s atonement on the cross covers the penalty for my sins! But, without the Law convicting me, I will NOT know the sin, consequently I will NOT repent!
14. Why do you need to repent, after all your Salvation is secured under Christ, right?
There is something called sanctification, its part of the regeneration process, preparing me for my glory; repentance does this work, by constantly reminding ‘who saved me’ (Christ, by his blood on the cross) and ‘who I am now’ (belong to my Savior for eternity).
15. So when will you stop repenting, in other words, when will the Law stop convicting you of sin?
When my body stops rebelling against the Spirit.
16. When will that happen?
When I am given a new body that obeys the Spirit.
17. When will you get that new obeying-body?
When I resurrect gloriously, after my death! 🙂
Romans 8:30 – “whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified”.
|Christ of the Heretics||Christ of the Scriptures|
|1. Loves every individual person in the world and sincerely desires their salvation.||1. Earnestly loves and desires the salvation of only those whom God has unconditionally chosen for salvation.
Ps. 5:5, Ps. 7:11, Ps. 11:5, Matt. 11:27, John 17:9-10, Acts 2:47, Acts 13:48, Rom. 9:10-13, Rom. 9:21-24,
|2. Offers salvation to every sinner and does all in his power to bring them to salvation. His offer and work are often frustrated, for many refuse to come.||2. Effectually calls to Himself only the elect and in sovereignty brings them to salvation. Not one of them will be lost.
Isa. 55:11, John 5:21, John 6:37-40, John 10:25-30, John 17:2, Phil. 2:13
|3. Cannot regenerate and save a sinner who does not first choose Christ with his own “free will.” All men have a “free will” by which they can either accept or reject Christ. That “free will” may not be violated by Christ.||3. In Sovereignty regenerates the elect sinner apart from his choice, for without regeneration the spiritually dead sinner cannot choose Christ. Faith is not man’s contribution to salvation but the gift of Christ which He sovereignly imparts in regeneration.
John 3:3, John 6:44 & 65, John 15:16, Acts 11:18, Rom. 9:16, Eph. 2:1, Eph. 2:8-10, Phil. 1:29, Heb. 12:2
|4. Died on the cross for every individual person and thereby made it possible for every person to be saved. His death, apart from the choice of man, was not able to actually save anyone for many for whom he died are lost.||4. Died for only God’s elect people and thereby actually obtained salvation for all those for whom He died. His death was a substitutionary satisfaction which actually took away the guilt of His chosen people.
Luke 19:10, John 10:14-15 & 26, Acts 20:28, Rom. 5:10, Eph. 5:25, Heb. 9:12,
I Peter 3:18
|5. Loses many whom he has “saved” because they do not continue in faith. Even if he does give them “eternal security,” as some say, that security is not based upon his will or work but the choice which the sinner made when he accepted Christ.||5. Preserves His chosen people so that they cannot lose their salvation but persevere in the faith to the very end. He preserves them by the sovereign electing will of God, the power of His death, and the mighty working of His Spirit.
John 5:24, John 10:26-29, Rom. 8:29-30, Rom. 8:35-39, I Peter 1:2-5, Jude 24-25
Requoting Psalmist, again: “The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.”
|Passover Seder is a Jewish ritual feast conducted at the beginning of the Passover. During which, the Seder Plate, a special plate, is kept on the dinner table, containing 6 special items, each representing a symbol. One of which is a roasted egg, symbolizing the festival sacrifice that was offered in the Temple of Jerusalem. As many of you know already, Catholics have a tradition of associating a lot of miracle legends with Mary. And, one of it was that she brought the above-mentioned cooked eggs, following the Jewish Passover tradition, to share with other women when she visited Christ’s tomb on the day of resurrection. It so happened that miraculously all the eggs turned red when she saw the risen Christ! This legend also extended to add that, Mary went to the Emperor of Rome and greeted him with “Christ is risen”, pointing to an egg on his table, which too supposedly turned blood red! Consequently, early Orthodox and Eastern Christians greeted each other in the same way with decorated eggs on Easter day as a sacred tradition. Obviously since Protestantism came from Catholicism, many of these traditions sneaked-in, inspite of the best efforts made by the reformers admonishing everyone to leave the baggage behind! Not only this, a whole lot of other garbage came along, including Santa Claus, and freewill! Keeping aside this mess, Muslims and Jews (who are brothers of the same family of Abraham, by the way) on their part always attempt to diminish the significance of Christ; the Jews attempt to humanize the birth of Christ and the Muslims attempt to discard His resurrection! The foundation of Christianity rests on these beliefs that Christ was born of Virgin Mary and resurrected on the third day of his death. These are so important facts, that to avoid heresy, the Apostles specifically put these two facts in their creed and made every believer confess them explicitly as a statement of belief and acknowledgement, so that Christ’s divinity is not eclipsed in anyway! That is why the tradition of reading this creed is still followed even today in all Christian churches – both for liturgical and catechetical purposes.By eliminating these two significant theological facts, our dear Jewish and Muslim brethrens, could easily bring down the pillars of Christianity and make the Gospel of Christ just another pagan fable! Sadly in their attempt in doing so, they adapt disgusting techniques, such as associating pagan stories & myths with good Christian traditions and festivals, even take movies such as Da Vinci Code, to trivialize Christ as a common man who was once married and had a child! What they are failing to understand is that, Christianity is not based on days and customs, rather built on Christ and His salvation. Hence, on Christmas day, no matter when it is marked on the calendar, we rejoice that a Redeemer is born for us. On Good Friday, no matter on what day of the week it falls, we remember that He paid the price for our sins, and on Easter, whether we roll the eggs or not, we know that we could boldly sing:
“O Death, where is your sting?”
“O Hades, where is your victory?”!
So, let us not fall for these traps and distractions, and take our eye off the ball – CHRIST!
The Seder Plate
St. Mary Magdalene holding a red Easter egg
Yes, today is Womans’ Day, but did you know that there is a day called “Punch Your Neighbor Day”? LOL It’s a festival celebrated in Bolivia and they call it “Tinku” – meaning encounter or meeting (translate to “batter the f*** out of someone”) LOL, according to a blogger!
Still not getting the picture? Well, here is a likely scenario of a conversation by two casual visitors to Bolivia on Tinku Festival:
“Sweetie, look, there’s a darling little town ahead. Let’s stop for a coffee.”
“That sounds simply divine. Gosh, it’s popular! Look how many people are there. Oh, they’re dancing! Look! How quaint!”
“Well I’ve always had a good eye for nice out-of-the-way places, Georgina. Remember that wonderful cafe in- OH MY GOD what ARE THEY DOING THEY’RE BEATING THE F*** OUT OF EACH OTHER! Piss the s***! Henry! Henry back the f*** up, we’re going home!” LOL
BTW, Happy Woman’s Day girlfriends, sisters & nieces! Love you’ll lots!! Hugs…:)
Yes, as depressing as the title sounds, in applied mathematics it is believed that small differences in the initial conditions can yield a widely diverging outcome! This means even though the behavior of a system can be ‘deterministic’ (meaning outcome is fully predictable with no room for randomness – in scientific terms), the chaotic nature mentioned above makes them completely unpredictable! All it needs is a slight change here or there in the initial state and we will have an unpredictable outcome – this is also affectionately called the “butterfly effect” (the beauty of a butterfly flipping in Singapore, for example, causing a hurricane in Florida!) 🙂
I saw a movie The Oxford Murders, in which Prof. Arthur Seldom (John Hurt) explains this fragility to his students that we humans face when it comes to reconciling with mind and matter! That, we refuse to accept certain notions, such as a pure abstraction, can only exist in our brain (not in reality)! He says in his first scene: “If we write 2, then 4 then 6, we feel good because we know that next comes 8. We can foresee it. We are not in the hands of the destiny. Unfortunately however, this has nothing to do with truth. Don’t you agree? This is only fear….” How very true!
As I was seeing the revolution warming up in Egypt, I was feeling the same…, how very frail they are for not knowing what is in store for them! No one knows, and none can predict! The media philosophers who cheered for the past few weeks, Mubarak being vanished from the equation, are now silent with fingers crossed…, sadly these ‘trigger happy’ idiots who once trumped up the so-called freedom movement, filtered the news to advance their agenda, now covering nothing! Yes, they too can’t predict what Egypt will become but they knew this from the beginning – and that’s the sad part of this drama! Once their local agenda, whatever that may be, has been accomplished, they just took Egypt out of their news! While in Egypt the reality stinks even more: the military suspended the constitution, imposed martial law (BTW, whole world knows that there is no such a thing as ‘martial law will end in democracy’ anytime soon, so please don’t talk about hope BS!), people are on strike, and there is no food on the table for many! Slowly one by one is waking up from their dreams to realize that their dreams are nowhere in the vicinity of their lifetime! Some are even wondering whether they were played like pawns by some kingmakers… Maybe the Muslim Brotherhood? Only time will tell.
So what do we do now? Arthur Seldom adds, “There is no way of finding a single absolute truth, an irrefutable argument to help answer the questions of mankind. Philosophy therefore is dead. Because whereof we cannot speak, thereof we must be silent.” – I agree.
“What we need to know about loving is no great mystery. We all know what constitutes loving behavior; we need but act upon it, not continually question it. Over-analysis often confuses the issue and in the end brings us no closer to insight. We sometimes become too busy classifying, separating, and examining, to remember that love is easy. It’s we who make it complicated.” – Leo F. Buscaglia
While Sir Buscaglia’s view still complicate love, LOL, this Valentine’s day, I’ll say what needs to be said and say it simple: Happy Valentine’s Day beloved family and friends, love you all lots!! 🙂
Lookin’ out the window, caught an awesome sight of an elderly couple walking back home in the late morning on a windy autumn day, holding each other’s hands…
As the world is busy deciding and commenting
… On who should hold the key
To the internet, in the event of a catastrophy!
Here comes a couple, unaware of such stuff
Who have lived the love
And come through the chaos of life
Holding onto each other
In the face of triumph and troubles
All the way to ‘completion’, who knows when
Satisfied with the fruits
That this life has bestowed upon them.:)
1. There was a group of people who spoke a specific set of language dialect, such as Hebrew, Arabic etc., called the Semitic language. They had a Big Book, composed of a collection of small books; books of historical accounts, social laws, books of genealogy, books of songs, proverbs and prophecies – part of it was called the Torah. The Israelites owned it, it was their lifeline; be it war or peace, they always referred only to it. This book was so important, that a specific tribe was completely dedicated to guard its affairs, i.e., none of them in that tribe did anything else, generations after generation. All for the book.
2. Zero-AD: Christ’s dominion began! No one expected an earthquake with the arrival of a simple carpenter! But it did tremble the earth… Prophesies were fulfilled. Hope and Salvation became a common term! Crosses burned, lions fed, but death became a sweet fragrance and they kept on singing! All for the book.
3. Christ-ians added a bunch of more books (mostly letters, revelations and historical accounts pertaining to Christ) to the big book, called it The Bible and owned it for themselves! They didn’t stop there…, like the Semite tribes, referred to it for everything! Not surprisingly, it also led their anger direct over the Semites themselves (for crucifying Christ), hence were born the Crusaders. They ran over the Semites (over both Hebrews and the Arabs, after all, both these tribes were descendants of the same father, Abraham) ruthlessly; All for the book.
4. The book’s percepts soon became the de facto norm and center of everything for the Christians (hence came the name Catholic from Latin/Greek roots meaning universal), that they iron chained it, for it is exceptionally holy, and kept it to the preview of a very few dedicated ‘so called experts’ for centuries, dispensing only the interpretations to the peasants. They ran their kingdoms with that, ran their wars with that, built their social laws with that, and so on… and on, even many fraternal organizations and secret societies were formed, like the Freemasons, Knights Templar, Order of the Temple, etc., to guard the artifacts related to this book, and the book’s content itself from being tampered. All for the book.
5. As expected, the desire for the book grew rapidly, and the people felt that they needed to know the Truth and more, with no interpretations and interpreters in between them and this book! Soon the chains were broken (the Protestant Reformation) and the book was freely printed and published to the peasants against all odds (The French Revolution, the first printing press). Nations burnt, kingdoms fell, and the truth strengthened the common folks; they became the underdog! But, it was not easy; some hid underground, some were banished, some even fled to unknown nations (current USA, for example) with their newly printed Bible (commonly called The Good Book), fearing confiscation by the state and conviction for committing ‘heresy’; – all for the book.
6. 2010-AD: Many have read the Good Book, translated it in most earthling-languages (2,936 and counting, as of today) and took the great commission fervently to spread the good news that there is ‘Hope’ for mankind. Many eyes were opened; Christianity stands as the largest practiced religion on earth! All by the Book.
7. For its believers, the content of the Good Book is either Inspired, Enlightened or Revealed by the Almighty, hence it is referred to as The Word, with reverence. The holders of the book became so dependent on the Word, so much so, that they always ‘quote’ the book! For this reason (and for some unknown reasons) some observers, such as the Muslim brethrens, call the Christians as the People of The Book!
You have two cows, one in Athens and one in Sparta. In Athens, the cow is the wise cowncillor of the city. In Sparta, the cow is the brave cownqueror. They both like to invade unintelligent sheep that go “baar baar” (called barbarians) for sport and then milk them. One day, the Spartan cow is sent to depose the cowncillor in Athens. The Spartan cow wins, and milks the cowncillor. Then the Romans come in, pours the milk into their inventions—sewers, eat both cows during an orgy, and vomit them out so their stomachs can take more. Everyone else comments on how civilized they are.
You have two cows and a stupid dog in the corner telling you where to find your damned files. One of your cows has caused a general protection fault and now neither of them will ever produce milk again, even if you kill them and replace them with two brand new cows. The dog never dies.
You have two cows. They are beautiful and work perfectly, but no one will buy them, probably because their milk isn’t compatible with the majority of cereal. They will buy your chicken, however, which helps your stock.
You have 2 cows, but it takes 700 pages of boring crap to find that out.
Your two cows are food.
I can’t believe these cows!
I find your lack of cows disturbing.
You have two cows. The government takes them and puts them in a barn with everyone else’s cows. You have to take care of all of the cows. The government gives you as much milk as you need.
You have two cows. Your neighbors decide who gets the milk.
You have two cows. Either you sell the milk at a fair price or your neighbors try to take the cows and kill you.
You have two cows. Your neighbors help you take care of them, and you all share the milk.
And finally my own version of:
You dont have two cows, but you still somehow sell 2-cow’s capacity milk! It may not be even milk cos’ it’s outsourced, but the label says ‘drink at your own risk’, anyway! Sell your milk company to Google and retire with a million dollar bonus before someone sues you! 🙂